a friend shared this recipe with me recently & i got hoooooked. bouta put this in my hair right now & leave it in overnight & i can't wait for how soft & bouncy my hair will be after showering tomorrow morning💆🏼😌 it's simple. like real simple. & cheap & nourishes your hair far better than any store bought hair mask. & let's be honest - what is in those packets anyways?!
in a small bowl, combine:⠀⠀
- 1/2 tablespoon melted coconut oil. i use organic, unrefined coconut oil!
- 2 drops lavender EO + 2 drops rosemary EO + 2 drops cedarwood EO ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- mix together & apply throughout hair, focusing mainly on the ends with slight application to the roots/top. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- leave in anywhere from 1 hour to 24 hours! feel free to start with a shorter amount of leave-in time at first. i leave mine in for 24 hours & just braid my hair, & throw a hat on!
2 things to note:
1. if you're sleeping with it in (which i love to do), lay a non-precious towel down on your pillow case to prevent staining!
2. the key to not having coco oil in your hair for days is to wash it out REALLY good. scrub your hair with high quality shampoo for at least 3 minutes!⠀⠀⠀⠀
& on the topic of hair...if you battle dry scalp or constant oiliness, chances are it's not your hair's fault but your shampoo & conditioner's fault 😬 i used to deal with both & i thought i just had finicky hair but really it was the intense products stripping my hair of all of the good stuff. our bodies are amazing & so smart. your hair can regulate itself, but not when your washing it with chemicals that dry out your scalp & strip your natural oils. it basically gets addicted & overproduces oil, in between showers.
comment below with your favorite natural shampoo + conditioner!